Angie tagged me to share seven weird/random things about myself, so here I go in no particular order...
1. I don't like mascots - Justin says I'm "afraid" of them but it's more that I just don't like when dumb things come talk to me or try to make a fool of me. I don't like not knowing who's inside, and what they're thinking, the faces they're making or that they're laughing at the way people do rediculous things around them. It's just wierd to me!
2. I don't like walking on grates/man-hole covers on the sidewalk and roads. It doesn't bother me to drive/ride over them...I just don't like walking on them- it makes me feel creepy!
3. Ever since I was little, whenever I needed to think of something happy or of something not scary to take my fears away I always pictured a group of teddy bears riding in a hot air balloon basket up in the blue sky going over/under a rainbow...looking back on that, it seems more scary to me that that was my "happy" thought...teddy bears are creepy when pictured like that! ...I actually think that image came from a jig saw puzzle I used to have??
4. I always play a game with myself when I'm driving or riding in the car: I look at the license plate of every car that passes by me and with the last 3 letters of their plate number, I try to see if it spells a word. It can spell one on it's own, or I can rearrange them to make them spell one and if not, I think what letter I could substitute for one to make a word. It's weird and really annoying in my head!
5. I have a very strong & resilient head...I hit my head several different years in elementary school! I fell off the monkey bars, ran into the building (literally - it's true!), & went face forward on the parallel bars smacking my forehead on the other bar. Not to mention, it continued in High School...got a gigantic goose-egg on my head during a pep assembly while performing with cheerleading- at least I impressed the football players!
6. I gave birth to my daughter and to a sponge all in one day! During my c-section, a sponge was left inside and the doctors & nurses had to go back in to retrieve it! Yikes...glad I wasn't exactly coherent for that!! I was fine afterwards and it makes for a good story now! :)
7. I met my husband on a blind date...he was my best friend's blind date! Oops! :) Good thing she didn't mind- she even stood up with us in our wedding.
...I'm sure I could come up with more but for now, that's what came to mind. I'd tag others to do the same but I think Angie is the only one who reads my blog. I'm new at this whole blogging thing and according to her I don't write updates enough anyway...so, Ang, I hope you enjoyed this and maybe even learned something about me that you didn't know before! :)