January 30, 2008

It Strikes Again!

STREP THROAT!!! UGH! It struck again...how I seem to get it is beyond me but somehow it finds its way to my lumpy, bumpy tonscils and makes a home. I've felt crummy since last Friday when I thought it was just a minor cold. I never really felt that bad and actually I thought it was getting better until last night (of course the night before I'm supposed to join my sister and new bloggy friends for lunch- bummer). I went to bed with an inkling that it was more than just an annoying cold...and I actually dreamt I had strep. So, first thing this morning I got up and called for an appointment! ...Not messing around this time after the Strep of all Strep cases in 2006. January 21st 2006- a date that will forever be a pain in my neck, literally!!

Two years ago I had the worst case of strep my Dr. said he had ever seen! You know it's bad when your doctor looks at it, won't even swab it and asks you to close your mouth because it's the nastiest thing he's ever seen. Think I'm exaggerating? I promise I'm not! It was so bad it actually sent me to the ER with a high fever, vomiting and pain so bad I couldn't eat. I lost 12 pounds...though not a diet method I'd reccommend! After the antibiotics I'd been taking had clearly failed, I ended up getting a Penicilin shot in the rump but it did the trick! Whew! Serioulsy, it was SO bad I actually had my husband take pictures because I almost couldn't believe it myself! I was going to post the pictures but looking at them again just turned my stomach so I thought I'd spare you the details and just let you take my word for it. Yuck!

So, no messing around this time...got the culture this morning and started antibiotics today. I should be over this soon and hopefully it will be another two years (or more) before it strikes again!

4 comments:

Kate said...

So sorry you are not well today. We missed you at the lunch. I'm Kate; I just wanted to say hi. I hope to meet you next time.

ps thanks for sparing the pics. :D

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

We did miss you, Amy.

I'm glad I got to see you after the lunch, though.

Except... I woke up with a sore throat this morning. You really didn't have to share, you know. :(

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hope you're feeling much better! We did miss you and can't wait to meet you next time...

Joanne

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hope you're feeling much better! We did miss you and can't wait to meet you next time...

Joanne