October 16, 2008

Fall Colors & Pumpkin Patch Adventures

Today Angie and I took the kiddos to enjoy a picnic in the park surrounded by beautiful Fall Colors! Fall is my favorite time of year - I just love the smell in the air, the leaves on the ground and blowing across the streets. I love the varying colors of the trees and fields and the way the contrast against the perfect blue sky! It just never seems to last long enough!! I wish I could preserve a fall day in a bottle to catch a glimpse of year round! I guess that's why I got married in the fall...it just makes me so happy!

The girls loved running and exploring - there was a huge hill to climb and run down, a bridge to cross high above a beautiful creek. Picture perfect!

After the park we headed off in search of a pumpkin patch! We had promised the girls we'd take them to one and Angie knew of a sweet little patch just off the road. The best part is that it was free! We missed the driver giving hay rides but we were still able to take the kiddos for a ride in a wagon...of course they realized it was more fun to walk so the wagon was quickly ditched!

This was a wonderful place to take pictures...unlike what we find around our house, it was a real-life pumpkin patch with pumpkins still growing on the vine! Angie and I joked that all we remember doing growing up is picking our pumpkins out at the local grocery stores each year! Although we still "buy" our pumpkins at the grocery stores (cheaper), we still have to visit a real patch for the fun and photos! Lucky for Angie, she lives close to so many of them in the "country" it's easy to track one down!

We enjoyed finding many pumpkins of all sizes, a corn maze, hay bales and scarecrows!
The kids loved it! It was a gorgeous day!

Happy Fall!!


No comments: